Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rest of Summer "To Do" List


August is fast approaching, and the necessity to finish my summer "To Do" list is in order. In fact, I'm resuming what I didn't finish last summer...(NY summers are too short!)

Last summer, I read about a surfer who sleeps on a roof by night and makes tacos by day (when he's not surfing the waves of Rockaway Beach, of course).

His taco shack is a favorite of many locals and is located on 96th Street in Rockaway Beach. See video here.

While I'm at Rockaway Beach, I must also try some Venezuelan arepas at the new Caracas Arepa Bar boardwalk location on 106 Street. I heard that DJ Afro from Los Amigos Invisibles spins there on Wednesday evenings - so this is a must.

I also want to learn how to surf and tango. If I don't have time, with all the spontaneous and fun things that happen to pop up during the fleeting summers of NY, I guess there's always next year...

1 comment:

  1. You MUST have the fish tacos at Rockaway! They are delicious! I can confirm it!

    ReplyDelete